The International Tutor Group is there to support students facing the challenges of an international education. Our aim is to guide students on every step of the journey. We provide key support in all aspects from academic tutoring across every subject to mentoring a confident mindset for success.
All of our graduate teachers have exceptional academic records from the world’s best universities, including the Ivy League and Russell Group. They are then extensively trained by our own fully qualified and experienced international school teachers to ensure they provide the right level of support at every stage from Grade 2 to their final school examinations.
With our expert guidance and elite tutors we facilitate access to the most competitive destinations across the world, and, of equal importance, we ensure that each student is fully prepared to excel when they get there…
ITG started in 2016 and has rapidly grown to become the leading provider of 1-1 and small group tutoring in District 2, with over 250 students and 25 tutors from the city’s best known international schools. We have multiplied x 5 in size in the last year alone, with no signs of slowing down yet. Our goal is to expand and improve our service to ensure we offer the highest standards of professionalism, support and care for our students.
Our success if based on always keeping the needs of the students first; our parents trust us to make the right decisions at the right time, finding the balance between challenge and overload, between support and growing independence. Our motto is ‘Shaping Futures Together’ and by that we mean that we place our emphasis on making sure the needs and welfare of the students, parents and institution are carefully aligned.
ITG is looking for great people to join our team at this early stage to continue to grow and adapt from a new company to an established and maturing centre of educational excellence.
As our Finance and HR Manager you will work closely in a supportive with the Head of Accounts and the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing all ongoing financial management and HR needs of the company. On the HR side you will oversee the administrative requirements of foreign tutors including work permits, contracts, visas, accommodation and general administrative support. On the finance side you will work under the guidance of the Head of Accounts, record-keeping on a daily basis, liaising between bank and cash payments, as well as overseeing tax and social insurance payments and managing the daily expenditures of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity that will offer the chance for the successful candidate to play an instrumental role in all areas of a thriving young business, and to make a truly meaningful impact on the educational futures of Vietnam.
- Day-day account management, taking payments from clients, issuing and tracking invoices, organising salary payments and managing the company books under the guidance of the Head of Accounts
- Ensuring accurate financial records are kept and updated daily across the company, including bank and petty-cash management
- Ensuring the company is tax compliant, completing all tax and social insurance payments and working directly with the local tax office
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all Vietnamese laws as Human Resources manager: keeping track of work permit applications, criminal records checks, Foreign and Vietnamese employee contracts and social insurance compliance
- Making Finance reports / tax reports
- Declare and follow procedures for social insurance
- Managing tax invoices and company expenses
- Tracking staff holiday requirements and pay
- Understand and be able to shadow on rare occasions the role of the Operations Manager and Operations team - student scheduling, calendar management, building and office management, reception management (walk-in and call-in clients)
- Assist in general Tutor needs where appropriate – providing advice and support about living in HCMC
Medium to Long Term
- Ensure and consistently seek to develop end-end client experience
- Identify and adapt potential issues facing the smooth running of operations
- Assist in recruitment initiatives, tracking and responding to applications, organising the interview process etc.
- Managing the tendering process for various service provider contracts
- Support in finding and negotiating suitable Tutor accommodation where appropriate
- Support in legal dealings with Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Business License requirements
- Support in liaison with local accounting firm in providing company figures and tax information
- Liaise with the Tax office directly in the case of company auditing
- Making reports for education department
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree - Finance or accountancy related
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, preferably in Accountancy and / or HR in an international or Vietnamese company
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive approach – ability to anticipate and identify problems at an early stage, as well as the ability to apply creative solutions
- Adaptable and flexible attitude – ability to adjust ineffective or outdated systems
- Ability to implement and follow complex routines accurately and quickly
- Excellent communicator and team-player – ability to share information quickly with relevant parties, to share difficulties faced and to listen carefully and non-judgmentally to difficulties faced by others, to offer creative and practical solutions
- Excellent Multi-tasking & Prioritizing skills and ability to juggle key tasks under pressure
- Resilience to a stressful and fast-moving environment
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong execution skills
- Fluent in English
- Previous International education and experience living in an international environment
- Previous experience working in a start-up or educational environment
- Previous International company experience
What’s the benefit of joining ITG?
- A real opportunity to make a difference in the education sector and work with a passionate team
- Competitive remuneration package with additional performance bonus
- Be a key part of a fast-growing international company
- Predominantly English-speaking work environment
- Full training and support provided by an experienced UK team
- Social Insurance company contributions
- Free English Language classes provided
- Regular social events organised within company
- Opportunities to get involved in all areas of a small and growing business
- Key career opportunity with ability to take on significant responsibility and grow key skills and professional experience history
- Lots of variety and involvement in operations, admin, services development & client management
- Opportunity to work in a start-up with fast, sustainable growth and daily new challenges
- Relaxed but professional working environment
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Reporting to: CEO