The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist/Analyst, the Procurement Clerk supports procurement services in large COs ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement team results-oriented workplans.
2. Supports procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to implementation of procurement processes including preparation of RFQ, ITB or RFP documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Maintenance of the filing system in the procurement unit.
- Assistance in prioritizing procurement requisitions in terms of urgency for appropriate action to be taken by the Procurement Associate/Assistant. Tracking of all procurement processes up to delivery, acceptance and payment. Follow-up with requesting units on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met. Vendor creation in Atlas.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports on procurement in accordance with CO SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Compilation of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills for procurement services
3. Contributes to the implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Input of information to the roster of suppliers
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training courses for the operations/projects staff on Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact in the execution of the CO procurement services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNDP capability in the provision of procurement services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to procurement
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
For Indonesian Nationality only
- Secondary education. Specialized training in procurement desirable.
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.