SunRice is one of the world’s largest rice food companies and one of Australia’s leading branded food exporters, with over 2,100 employees and supplying diverse, innovative and nutritious products to close to 60 countries around the globe. With an unrelenting focus on innovation and a commitment to their people, communities and the environment, it is a great place to work, providing a real opportunity for passionate people to make a difference.
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Build the Agribusiness team in the Asian region to deliver and measure cost quality and service from our supply base
- Manage all agronomy staff in the Asian region
- Manage new variety pipeline
- Implement and manage supply and demand planning for product supplied to SunRice from
- Vietnam in close collaboration with SunRice Sales and Operations Planning team for both direct contracts and through third parties
- Work with suppliers to effectively manage the allocation of resources to ensure sufficient capacity utilisation and working capital control.
- Oversee the daily operations to ensure that SunRice Quality standards and requirements are met by suppliers in Vietnam
- Manage PPV and AOP budget requirements to align with approved business plan
- Internal: Ricegrowers Singapore team, Sunrice agro team SunRice – S and OP Team, Customer Service, Quality and R and D; Trukai.
- External: Rice brokers, rice resellers, rice Co-Ops, Vietnam Rice Growers; Vietnam Co-Manufacturers; Quality providers - OMIC - Agronomic Development bodies in Vietnam; Government agencies.
- Geographical Responsibility: Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar 80% Vietnam.
- Travel %: 50% first year while building team.
- Work Environment: Office based, on the road, field research, manufacturing environments.
- Indirect reports: Agronomy Managers x 2 to start growing as per plan requires
Decision making authority
decisions expected: Supplier production allocation, Supplier performance review including Quality Raw materials, packaging and Vitamin Enrichment planning Vietnam Agribusiness business entity management including government relations and statutory compliance matters.
Recommendations expected: Quality management for raw materials Finished Products. Contracting Raw materials Importing and exporting from Vietnam.
- Coordination of all disparate aspects of the Supply Chain in Vietnam and integration into the Global business.
- Meeting the sourcing and operational objectives and throughput to ensure our key markets supply is met.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Motivation
- Asian rice sourcing
- Agronomic development
- Food manufacturing and Quality management systems
- Vietnam team building
Work experience preferred:
- Supply chain management in and across Asian markets
- Identifying government partnering opportunities in Vietnam
Competency areas preferred:
The SunRice behaviours
Collaborating and Influencing:
- Builds positive relationships across the business; uses influence to build relationships and advance operation’s objectives
- Creates an environment of trust and respect; resolves differences constructively; encourages others to share views and listens attentively
- Communicates clearly and concisely influences others by highlighting benefits
- Gathers information from diverse sources; recognises potential patterns
- Confident to make decisions in line with authority and without precedent
- Effectively prioritises actions and activities in line with operation and business goals
- Seeks opportunities for continual improvement; translates problems into opportunities
Developing Self and Others
- Is receptive to performance feedback; works to create an environment of constructive and candid feedback
Prioritises operation’s actions and activities with the customer perspective as a critical driver Identifies actual and potential customer service issues
Commercial and Results Orientated
- Demonstrates an end-to-end understanding of the business and seeks partnering opportunities
- Monitors KPIs and drives performance to achieve results on time and in budget; refocuses as appropriate
Safety and Health Focus
- Understands and anticipates potential safety and health concerns; takes action to correct o Follows established safety procedures and protocols; mitigates risk appropriately
Personal Leadership and Alignment
- Upholds SunRice principles and values
- Consistently delivers to a high standard; is personally accountable for outcomes; admits and rectifies own mistakes
Key areas of responsibility
Building a team and Managing staff – 20%
- Manage country agro operating budget
- Set and review employee performance and development plans
Building traceable contracting supply chain direct to co ops to supply Sunrice mill – 30%
- Implement in field tractability tools and contracting systems
- Manage supplier performance review process
Buying from re sellers/ market and managing Quality at Suppliers to supply direct export markets– 20%
- Vendor Quality training
- Vendor continual improvement
- Managing Quality providers relationships and outcomes (OMIC, FC)
Agronomic Variety Development – 20%
- Breeding programme and field reporting
- Management of Farmforce
- Manage the Sustainable Rice Platform pilot
Vendor Management – 10%
- Accountable for implementing the Vendor Service and Quality Scorecards
● Supportive team environment;
● Opportunity to work with visionary leaders.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this job, please send your CV to [email protected] and include in the subject the job title and company name.