The International Tutor Group is there to support students facing the challenges of an international education. Our aim is to guide students on every step of the journey. We provide key support in all aspects from academic tutoring across every subject to mentoring a confident mindset for success.
All of our graduate teachers have exceptional academic records from the world’s best universities, including the Ivy League and Russell Group. They are then extensively trained by our own fully qualified and experienced international school teachers to ensure they provide the right level of support at every stage from Grade 2 to their final school examinations.
With our expert guidance and elite tutors we facilitate access to the most competitive destinations across the world, and, of equal importance, we ensure that each student is fully prepared to excel when they get there…
ITG started in 2016 and has rapidly grown to become the leading provider of 1-1 and small group tutoring in District 2, with over 150 students and 25 tutors from the city’s best known international schools. We have multiplied x 5 in size in the last year alone, with no signs of slowing down yet. Our goal is to expand and improve our service to ensure we offer the highest standards of professionalism, support and care for our students.
Our success if based on always keeping the needs of the students first; our parents trust us to make the right decisions at the right time, finding the balance between challenge and overload, between support and growing independence. Our motto is ‘Shaping Futures Together’ and by that we mean that we place our emphasis on making sure the needs and welfare of the students, parents and institution are carefully aligned.
ITG is looking for great people to join our team at this early stage to continue to grow and adapt from a new company to an established and maturing centre of educational excellence.
As our Operations Executive you will play a supportive role in managing every aspect of the daily running of the business, together with influence over the medium and long-term concerns of the company. The role offers significant variety and will involve admin, business development, HR, operations and marketing. You will work closely alongside the Operations Manager, taking responsibility over key areas whilst being offered guidance and support. This is an exciting opportunity that will offer the chance for the successful candidate to play an instrumental role in all areas of a thriving young business, and to make a truly meaningful impact on the educational futures of Vietnam.
- Personally perform and oversee execution of all office admin tasks within the Vietnamese admin team
- Centre Scheduling and Calendar Management. Handle fast-moving scheduling requirements of over 800 tutoring hours / month. Principal liaison between client / tutor and student
- Reception Management – First parent contact via phone, email and walk-in clients. Key provider of first client experience of Centre. Promotion of services and provision of satisfactory care
- Key manager of main stakeholder relationships – parents, students, tutors and secondary service providers
- Finances / Accounting – implement and oversee taking payments, sending out and tracking invoices for all clients. Manage office expenses and day-day banking needs of the Centre
- Office Management – oversee the procurement of all materials for the Centre – furniture, fixtures, resources and stationery etc. Deal with all local suppliers
- Oversee maintenance team to maintain condition of building and classrooms, as well as project manage key development projects such as new classroom provision
- Assist in general Tutor needs where appropriate – providing advice and support about living in HCMC
- Participate in Management team and take a key role in providing advice and suggestions in all company matters
- Identify and oversee resolution of any client disputes, seeking to maintain and improve the relationship of the company at all times
- Coordinate with Korean Coordinator team to ensure seamless client communication
Medium to Long Term
- Ensure and consistently seek to develop end-end client experience
- Identify and develop new business opportunities. Identify potential partnerships between businesses, key opinion leaders and new client sources. Maintain relationships with existing ITG Ambassadors and build ITG Ambassador role
- Identify and adapt potential issues facing the smooth running of operations
- Support the execution of new business development and strategic initiatives, including marketing, promotion and client satisfaction monitoring
- Assist in recruitment initiatives
- Support the application for Visas, work permits and residency cards for all tutors
- Support in finding and negotiating suitable Tutor accommodation where appropriate
- Support in legal dealings with Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Business License requirements
- Support in liaison with local accounting firm in providing company figures and tax information
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in an customer service and / or admin role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive approach – ability to anticipate and identify problems at an early stage, as well as the ability to apply creative solutions
- Adaptable and flexible attitude – ability to adjust ineffective or outdated systems
- Patience – ability to keep cool in the face of client complaints or high-pressure working environments
- Ability to implement and follow complex routines accurately and quickly
- ‘People person’ – ability to build and maintain excellent relationships
- Excellent communicator and team-player – ability to share information quickly with relevant parties, to share difficulties faced and to listen carefully and non-judgmentally to difficulties faced by others, to offer creative and practical solutions
- Excellent Multi-tasking & Prioritizing skills and ability to juggle key tasks under pressure
- Resilience to a stressful and fast-moving environment
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong execution skills
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience working in a start-up or educational environment
- Previous admin or customer service experience in an industry requiring fast-paced, variable operations tasks, such as catering, hoteling, travel etc.
What’s the benefit of joining ITG?
- A real opportunity to make a difference in the education sector and work with a passionate team
- Competitive remuneration package with additional performance bonus
- Attractive healthcare coverage
- Opportunities to get involved in all areas of a small and growing business
- Key career opportunity with ability to take on significant responsibility and grow key skills and professional experience history
- Lots of variety and involvement in operations, admin, services development & marketing
- Opportunity to work in a start-up with fast, sustainable growth and daily new challenges
- Relaxed but professional working environment
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Reporting to: CEO