Founded in 1990, Materialise incorporates more than 25 years of 3D printing experience into a range of software solutions and 3D printing services, which together form the backbone of the 3D printing industry. Materialise’s open and flexible solutions enable players in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, automotive, aerospace, art and design, and consumer goods, to build innovative 3D printing applications that aim to make the world a better and healthier place. Headquartered in Belgium, with branches worldwide, Materialise combines the largest group of software developers in the industry with one of the largest 3D printing facilities in the world. Come join our team as: Business Development Manager
- Develop the sales pipeline and lead the sales opportunities in various industry segments across SEA and New Zealand for the Materialise software suite;
- Take responsibility for sales pipeline development objectives and revenue targets;
- Define and execute lead generation strategies to reach new potential customers;
- Use consultative selling skills to address new potential customers, uncover their needs and develop relevant business solutions;
- Develop comprehensive sales proposals for projects that include software products as well as associated implementation and advisory services;
- Manage complex sales processes involving multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- As this position covers market in the SEA and New Zealand region, this role will be a great opportunity to explore a regional role and will require travelling.
- This position reports to the Sales Director (APAC) for our Software for Additive Manufacturing business unit.
- Degree in business, engineering or computer science; At least 5 years of experience in sales and business development in a software industry;
- The key requirement being a strong enthusiastic slam dunk attitude, in a world of complex, project driven sales;
- Good sales empathy skills - ability to identify with and understand the customer’s situation, feelings and motives;
- Strong negotiation skills to influence our customers and prospects;
- Ability to close deals efficiently
- Willingness to exceed our customer’s expectations;
- Proficient knowledge of English is essential.
- Good analytical skills, meticulous approach with a high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate with people from different levels, both internally and externally, with excellent listening, coaching and presentation skills;
- Extensive knowledge of current production techniques is a plus;
- Professional, self-motivated;
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work autonomously;
- Open to travel 20 to 30% of the time
- Strong networking skills.