The firm seeks a motivated and accomplished Chinese-speaking Corporate Attorney for its Corporate & Commercial Department. This key individual will report directly to the Director of the Corporate & Commercial Department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Advising clients on partnership and company laws, Foreign Business Act, Foreign Investment Act, and other related investment laws and regulations
- Advising clients on the most suitable legal entity to make investment in Thailand
- Preparing, reviewing, and handling all types of corporate, investment, and commercial related agreements including, but not limited to, joint venture agreements, shareholders’ agreements, merger and acquisition agreements, and other ancillary agreements
- Advising and assisting clients to apply for approval or license such as Alien Business License, BOI, IEAT, work permit and visa, factory licenses, and others
- Handling cases independently from beginning until complete.
- Formulating legal strategies, providing legal opinions and analytical responses to clients’ requests for legal advice, and acting as the primary point of contact for clients
- Preparing and delivering presentations on related fields for associations, conferences, and conventions; writing articles; and participating in a wide range of other marketing and business development initiatives
- Performing assigned administrative matters, including billing and collection of fees for legal work performed.
- Thai national
- At least 5 years of work experience in corporate and foreign investment laws. Lawyers with experience in more than one jurisdiction would be an advantage.
- Post-graduate level of education in law
- Fluency in Mandarin and English.
- Excellent analytical, drafting, communication, and research skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong commitment to client service
- Proven record of success in identifying and capturing new business opportunities in the legal field
- Strong case, client, and team management skills