Intern (Chinese), Beijing
The APCO internship is designed to give interns a valuable educational experience, with exposure to a wide range of client work. While APCO interns are encouraged to develop their interest in either public relations or government relations, they will gain exposure in both practice areas. The following are specific duties assigned to interns and are performed on a daily basis:
- News and social media monitoring and analysis
- Analysis of industries for new business development
- English language editing of policy reports and other client deliverables
- Writing analytical pieces on Chinese policy, current events and business trends
- Active participation in brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Media and event management support
- Providing administrative assistance to projects on a limited basis
- Other similar duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in progress, preferably in Political Science, Communications, Journalism or Marketing; some relevant internship experience
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in public relations and/or government relations
- Native English speaker with excellent English writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate from Chinese to English a plus
- Familiarity with and interest in the Chinese political and economic environment
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently
- Professional demeanor
APCO is accepting applications for internships on a rolling basis; interns should be able to make a three-six month commitment. Outstanding interns may be given the opportunity to transition to permanent, full-time employment. Preference is given to candidates already located in mainland China.
Please clearly specify that you are applying for Communications and Government Relations Intern position inShanghai in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only those chosen for further consideration will be contacted.