Partner Engineer, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Beijing, China; Shanghai, China
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Partner Engineer, you will assist the Partner Manager consistently across all situations, using both your technical and business skill sets as efficiently as possible. You will become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects, assisting them get as much value out of our Platform as possible.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers utilizing Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform and G Suite).
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can achieve strategic goals.
- Keep partners up-to-date with product and technical knowledge and competitive differentiators.
- Work with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables.
- Act as a technical POC within Google for our partners, to help provide feedback from the field, as well as advocate on their behalf.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies; Linux; Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML).
- Experience with enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts, as well as working knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking, identity management systems and Linux.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present technical insights to a variety of audiences in simplified colloquial language.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.