The IT Director is to align the Global IT road map with PPT Thailand needs and strategic objectives. It is to ensure productive and strategic business relationships with all key stakeholders at the facilities in Bangkok and Lamphun. The position will also serve on the Global IT Management Team reporting to the CIO.
To ensure continuous global alignment between the business in Thailand and the Global IT road map, you will be the overall escalation point for all IT matters and Global IT Planning for PPT’s business in Thailand. You will be managing the Demand & Change teams present in Thailand.
As IT Director for Thailand it is your responsibility to
- Represent the production facilities in Thailand as a member of the Global IT Management Team
- Manage IT Budget / Budget Tracking Needs
- Sit on key Global IT Projects as a Steering Committee Member
- Identify demand/regional nuances and ensure Global IT responsiveness
- Ensure that business objectives are correctly represented in the Global IT road map
- Provide anchoring to local functions (e.g. HR, Finance, Payroll, Facilities Mgmt. etc.)
- Ensure the proper working environment for the local team
- Connect the local team with Global IT and ensure the sense of belonging to the global team
- Assist in global recruiting’s (hiring manager situated elsewhere)
- Assist in local HR matters that relates to IT in Thailand
- Manage the day-to-day workplace issues
- Can set high standards and deliver
- Are well founded in the ITIL framework
- Understand the importance of IT influence and impact on a retail driven business
- Are able to communicate clearly and bring people together
- Know how to facilitate change and ensure buy-in from key stakeholders
- Modern leadership mindset
- Ability to withstand very demanding internal stakeholders
- Thinking in “implementable solutions”
- Proactive “can-do” attitude
- Results oriented with a dynamic profile and the ability to motivate, develop, change and teach.
- International mindset and cultural understanding
Approx. 30-40 travel days a year is expected
You will be part of a company in an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people.