Rewards - Intern
The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team clients and teammates. This support is based from The HR Team office. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to HR generalists and consultants on various projects.
Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations. Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field. Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources. Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements
Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession. Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Foster time management skills
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks. May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements Ensure Career Builder and Monster job packs are current with available job ads Audit HR Plus, Washington Post, and Baltimore Sun invoices Manage Pre-Employment Processes Track cost and effectiveness of media outlets for job postings Post new positions on various websites including Monster.com, Career Builder.com, Washington Post.com, and HotJobs.com Sort incoming resumes and logs them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets Complete and mail out regret letters Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing Send background checks to HR Plus and save results when they are returned Complete and mail out offer letters Manage Client Satisfaction Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external. Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Work proactively with other team members. Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects. Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members. Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients. Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses.
- Essential requirements Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills. Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment. Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail