Insurance Specialist Manager
Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC’s global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world,the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Insurance Specialist Manager (Southern Region).
- Strengthen HSBC’s image as a leading wealth provider by providing clients with access to advanced technical product expertise.
- Assist all sales staff in deepening and growing client relationships through identifying and uncovering client's needs, identifying relevant wealth solution and technical analysis, and assisting sales staff in presenting and explaining solution(s) to client.
- Conduct portfolio reviews with sales staff, assess product suitability and market and regulatory change impact to products held by clients as appropriate, identify opportunities and manage risks.
- Initiate and conduct educational events with clients to improve clients’ financial literacy and knowledge of financial markets and solutions.
- Continue to develop and sharpen technical expertise, working closely with the Wealth Development team and product manufacturers e.g. Allianz and HSBC Amanah Takaful, and other third party product partners to help improve client satisfaction and outcome.
- Identify and provide feedback from PRMs and clients to product teams in order to continuously improve our products and services.
- Collect and apply market and channel intelligence to identify and share competitive gaps, service issues, business opportunities, and challenges with stakeholders.
- Work with PRMs and PRBs to follow through execution of the product contract presented to clients where technical expertise is required.
- Work closely with APBs or equivalent and draw road map with tactical plan with them on how to consistently hitting their threshold points.
- Assisting Senior Manager of Insurance Specialist in crafting and executing the strategies when deploying training, rolling out new product launches and prepping the sales staff at the branches by sharing the action plans with the branch leaders in optimizing their capabilities.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree preferably a degree in Finance, business or in related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience as a product specialist or financial advisor.
- Strong client skills with the ability to deliver a strong client experience and provide needs-based solutions.
- Deep knowledge of specific complex financial solutions and products including the knowledge of financial markets, socia-economic dynamics, and regulatory requirement relevant to the products.
- Extensive external market awareness of market conditions, new product solutions, and an understanding of current financial market activities.
- A solid understanding of global anti money laundering standards.
- Team player with collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations.
- Specialisation in one or more product categories e.g. Structured Products/ FX/ Investments/ Trusts/ Estate Planning/ Retirement/ Protection/ Mortage etc.
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market.
- Attain any internal standards as required by country.
- Have or attain an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly.
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity.
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients.
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge by demonstration, coaching and observation.
- Able to work independently to construct technical product analysis to support Sales Staff and aid Sales Staff experience and client decisions.
- Proven ability in customising presentations to meet individual client needs
- Excellent language proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Only Malaysian citizens are encouraged to apply
Job Field: Wealth Management.
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Wilayah Persekutuan-Kuala Lumpur