Software Engineer Manager
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team codes, enables high impact organizations to achieve more and drives the value of our cloud. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
We are hiring a Software Engineer Manager with deep experience and expertise designing and delivering commercially-competitive software using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies to deliver the most leading-edge applications and solutions in partnership with high-impact customers, partners, startups and developer communities.
In This Role, You Would Be Responsible For
- Managing and growing teams of talented software engineers that develop and deploy highly visible, scalable, reliable, commercially viable solutions leveraging our cloud, working with top companies in the industry.
- Driving early platform and technologies adoption wins with customers and partners through deep “build-with/coding” engagements.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and engaging with technical audiences and influencers (MVPs, RDs, and CS faculties) through presence and active participation at Microsoft and third-party events – reach them where they are and where they go.
- Driving the ongoing technical upskilling of the SDEs by identifying and leading adoption of software engineering best practices and effective architectural approaches. Build the team’s software engineering credibility.
- Bring market/technology insights to BGs and Engineering.
- Driving digital transformation with key accounts from all segments by participation in technical engagements.
- Proactively participate in SDE community. Take on v-team efforts, share and leverage best practices.
- Display exceptional professionalism and executive presence in dealing with both internal and external senior leaders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading software engineering teams and shipping commercially-competitive software or services.
- Experience with one of the following is required:
- Cloud Connectivity (eg Identity, Networking, IoT)
- Cloud Scale complete (eg, IaaS, containers, Service Fabric)
- High-scale data system (eg SQL/noSQL, cloud storage)
- Machine learning / Artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated deep experience as a software developer using cloud computing technologies, and modern application development practice to deliver commercially viable software.
- Exceptional leadership, people management and decision-making skills.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging desired.
- Strong business acumen to partner with other key leaders across Microsoft engineering, marketing, and sales teams to deliver on our platform priorities.
- Great communication and presentation skills including public speaking at industry, partner, and community events. Ability to speak with influence and impact.
- BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science required.
- Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
- Minimum 25% travel, incl. International travel.