Sr. Computer Scientist
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day and we’re the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We’re a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that’s why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you’re passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
Digital Video group’s portfolio consists of world class products across desktop (Windows/Mac), mobile and cloud Services catering to professional customers. Some of the products that the team develops includes Adobe Story, Creative Cloud Video service.
As part of the team you will be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Developing features end to end for Creative Cloud Video service.
- Developing features end to end for Adobe Story.
- Developing back end infrastructure services for these products.
- Developing imaging or video processing algorithms that can solve some of the hard problems facing our customers.
The key responsibilities include
- Work collaboratively with a global team of engineers to create shared software components to enable a new generation of mobile video and audio creation applications.
- Partner with internal client teams to integrate those components into their product, to ensure that product features utilize those components correctly and completely, and to optimize the end-to-end workflow to delight the customer.
- As an Individual contributor, develop new framework/features, maintain product features with responsibility for the full product development cycle from early specs, prototypes to implementation to release and maintenance.
- Conceptualization of product design, estimation, risk analysis, development and debugging.
- Space-time performance optimization, usability and stability improvements.
What you need to succeed
- Typically 5-15 years of hands on design/development experience
- B.Tech / M.Tech in computer science and engineering from a premier institute.
- Good understanding of object oriented design and technical depth in operating systems, Computer architecture and OS internals.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient in C++, data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of Image/Video Processing, GPU or experience in Imaging/Video, GPU domain is a plus.
- Solid designing/programming/debugging/troubleshooting skills in system / application level.
- Skills in analyzing software performance and benchmarking.
- Develop highly available and high traffic systems and services that run 24x7 with minimal downtime, load balancing, failure detection and failover options.