Senior Communications and Marketing Manager
The Senior Communications and Marketing Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely across all facets of the Chamber. This position oversees the ‘outward’ face of the Chamber and is responsible for ensuring the delivery and messaging of events and communications align with the goals of the Chamber.
The successful candidate will be a permanent member of AustCham Shanghai's Secretariat, a professional team of 18, delivering exceptional benefits and membership value year-round to more than 400 corporate and individual members.
- Responsible for creating and managing a well-balanced, high-calibre, year-round events program, including major events such as the Australia Day BBQ, The Summer BBQ, Great Australian Ball, and The Melbourne Cup.
- Manage sponsorship activities of the Chamber including online and offline opportunities for members
- Work closely with the General Manager to implement marketing activities and manage marketing materials of the Chamber including website and social media channels
- Plan, implement and drive the Chamber’s events and communications budgets and business plans
- Effectively manage a team of three individuals delivering events and communications benefits
Education: Bachelor degree.
Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese.
Experience: A minimum of four years working experience is required. Previous working experience in China and an understanding of the local market is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in Australia/China relations and a solid understanding of the Australian and Chinese business environments
- Experience creating and delivering major events
- Experience selling sponsorship and maintaining relationships with sponsors
- Experience dealing with media stakeholders is highly desirable
- Superb written and proof reading skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Advanced IT skills including the Microsoft suite of applications