As Financial Controller you are part of the Accounting Operations organization. It concerns a highly accountable role in which you safeguard the integrity of the financial information of organizational units in one or more markets and businesses within Philips Lighting Solutions. You are also expected to initiate and participate in the improvement of related processes. It’s a dynamic role in which you make a difference!
- Joint accountable with the BP for the integrity, consistency and completeness of the P&L and Balance sheet of the allocated ORUs at lighting and at MRU level.
- Joint accountable with the BP for the IFRS, statutory Financial Statements and responsible for the direct tax compliance of their designated ORUs at Lighting and at legal entity level. (Signs-off the Statutory and IFRS Financial Statement and Financial Internal Controls)
- Partner and central communication point to the Finance Business Partners representing Accounting Operations (PTP, C&C and RTR)
- Supports the RTR teamlead and the RTR specialists on the performance of the RTR processes for their ORUs and escalates properly.
- Guides and aligns the priorities of Accounting Specialists in the RTR organization in conjunction with the RTR teamlead in the FSC.
- Provides accounting judgment for complex and judgmental accounting issues and knows how to leverage the accounting network within AccOps and ARIC to determine the correct accounting.
- Management of Financial Audit relationship and Issue Resolution and contact point for outsource provider statutory and direct tax compliance
- Develop, deploy and safeguard compliance to accounting policies & directives and ensure subsequent internal controls are set up at development of the policies and directives.
- Drives and oversees improvement projects related to accounting processes and Internal Controls together with other parties within ACCOPS and ARIC.
You work intensively with a broad set of colleagues from different levels, expertise and geographic location. You clearly focus on both the content and the processes. You are able to understand what is happening behind the figures and information and you are able to collaborate, find solutions and improve processes if and where needed.
You will be part of the accounting organization in EMEA. This role will report to the RTR Lead of Europe. He or she will have a direct relationship with the Finance Business Partner (controller) requiring collaboration, negotiation and communication skills. You will in alignment with the RTR Team Lead in the region set the priorities for Accounting Specialist and third party supplier accountants.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences: To be completed in each region
We are looking for
- Accounting formal education, superior level degree (RA, RC, CPA)
- Strong and formal IFRS knowledge.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience of accounting areas.
- Fluent English required.
- Strong Excel skills and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Preferably having audit or consulting experience from “Big 4” firms.
- People management experience
- High integrity
- Collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- High energy, strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Drive operational excellence and work in teams and partnerships
- Proven track record of process improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities
- Strong influencing skills