The Procurement Manager for Engineering & Maintenance is primarily responsible for leading procurement activities that will support the Fuel Retail Network construction activities & maintenance of assets, in particular procurement of Engineering Design & Construction, Site Equipment & Maintenance, Automation, Soil & Ground Water Services
To contribute to the achievement of procurement value improvement targets of Downstream Businesses in India and ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from strategic procurement spend by:
- Providing proactive strategic Contracting & Procurement support in the acquisition and contract management of Goods & Services required by the Fuel Retail and other Downstream Classes of Businesses (COB).
- Ensuring Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach is adopted while delivering key Business priorities, efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and post award Contract Management
- Providing a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the business users and applying best practices in the procurement of all Goods and Services
- Support the Country Lead Procurement Manager (DS) & the Global Category Managers in developing and executing the category & procurement strategies within the country based on Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP).
- Ensuring relationship management & interface with the Local, Regional and Global Contract Boards of Retail and other DS COBs, based on the threshold value of the contracts finalized
- Develop expertise in market influences, market players, TCO, Cost Model, future trends of various categories managed. Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers and the major suppliers in all relevant categories.
- Accountable for delivery of Third Party Spend Savings (TPSS) & Value Improvement (VI) targets for the Downstream business through innovative /creative commercial solutions.
- Act as C&P focal point to the stakeholders’ on the retail network category as well as for the Capex/Opex related activities. Regularly & proactively engage the business stakeholders to assess business demand & needs;
- Manage & Support supplier relations, Conduct bids, hold commercial negotiations, implementation, providing a conduit between Shell and suppliers in the resolution of operational, supplier performance issues & conflicts.
- Support the Country Lead Procurement Manager in the reporting of Value Improvements and Third Party Spend Savings & Revenue generation (with local business / finance sign-off as required).
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are operationalised effectively as per the standardized Requisition to Pay (RtP) process and support the payment process
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in terms of recording and updating contracts related data in Contract Management System, responsible for carrying out Supplier Qualification, Integrity Due Diligence, Assessment of vendors for Safety, Financial Stability, compliance to Supplier Principles etc.