Financial Aid Associate
The Financial Aid Associate will report to the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and work collaboratively with colleagues on the admissions and financial aid team, as well as colleagues from other teams such as outreach, communications, and academics.
The Financial Aid Associate will support the life-cycle of FUV’s need-based financial aid program including: communicating FUV’s financial aid approach to prospective students, families, and the public through school visits, public events, and social media; supporting applicants in filling out financial aid forms (e.g., online webinars); analyzing financial aid forms and interviewing families to assess applicants’ financial circumstances; managing data confidentiality and security; providing reporting to philanthropic donors; and conducting post-mortem reviews of the financial aid process to identify ways to improve subsequent cycles.
In addition to their work scope, the Financial Aid Associate will support other teams as needed.
- Excellent Vietnamese and English communication skills (both verbal and written), especially the ability to communicate effectively with students and families
- A good understanding of the socioeconomic context within Vietnam
- Ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data to assess financial need
- Effective project and process management skills
- Willingness to travel extensively to meet with prospective students and families
- Strong alignment with FUV’s educational mission and a passion for education
- Willingness to work collaboratively and flexibly on projects beyond their work scope
Fulbright University Vietnam (FUV) is Vietnam’s first independent, private, not-for-profit university. Inspired by the US liberal arts and sciences tradition, it aims to become Vietnam’s first world-class university and provide a transformational education to Vietnam’s brightest young people – regardless of their ability to pay or where they are from.