Cambodia General Manager
The Cambodia General Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations and business for her/his destination. The successful candidate must drive and lead a team of 99 permanent staff + freelancers, working in 9 different departments each with a department head or manager and has overall P + L responsibility for the destination as a whole and for the five business separate units generating revenue of over USD 11M per year. The GM is responsible for ensuring profitability in each unit and for the overall productivity and wellbeing of his staff as well as ensuring the very high service standards demanded by Exotissimo, trading as EXO Travel, are maintained or exceeded at all times.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and required to join monthly meetings with the Group CEO and COO, the Cambodia General Manager is an important and influential decision maker. You should have at least ten years’ experience in the travel business and an excellent understanding of the Asian travel Industry. You should have a proven track-record as a manager and be an operations person with very high standards who knows how to get things done efficiently and effectively. You will have to handle multiple relationships with suppliers, staff and clients from all around the world. You should be able to handle pressure and know how to get the best out of people no matter their cultural background in order to deliver services that meet the highest international standards. You must have excellent English language skills while written and spoken French language skills will be a distinct advantage. Some understanding of Khmer would be useful.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure EXO Inbound services are at the optimum level at all times
- Manage relationships with overseas partners including EXO sales offices, tour operators, Incentive houses and travel agents
OPERATIONS & HR
- Design and/or implement local/group HR policies in a fair and respectful manner
- Oversee Inbound department
- Oversee Outbound department (including US Embassy desk)
- Oversee direct sales department (Travel Agency, corporate ticketing)
- Oversee MICE/Event department (1 Local manager & 1 Expatriate) and participate to some MICE Operations when needed
- Oversee Adventure Travel Department (Expatriate manager)
- Oversee Product (Expatriate Manager)
- Oversee Contracting Department (Local Manager)
- Oversee HR and administration department (incl. IT) as well as accounts department
- Oversee Tourplan (back office system) department
- Oversee Operations departments, both in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (2 local managers)
- Oversee Siem Reap branch office management
FINANCE & BACK OFFICE
- Prepare and controlling annual budget
- Produce the standardize monthly report to HQ: P & L, sales reports
- Check that all AR is collected as invoiced, implement and control procedures to reduce risk exposure and bad debts
- Make sure AP is processed correctly and check to ensure systems are in place to check and reduce errors or possible misappropriation
- Check bank reconciliation and cash flow including checking and signing off bank balances each month, checking ledgers balances, ensuring ledgers are generated properly from Tourplan
- Continue implementation of new functions in Tourplan throughout the company
- Make sure IT infrastructure and resources are cost efficient and allow for a smooth and productive work environment (e.g. review Tourplan license need, server upgrade, etc.)
- Ensure Tourplan accounting functions are used properly and efficiently and work with accounts department as well as sales and other departments to fully integrate Touplan
- Respond to and follow up new agent enquiries
- Ensure reservations staff follow correct procedures and provide prompt and accurate quotations for all clients
- Ensure operations staff follow correct procedures and provide best quality services for all clients arriving in Cambodia
PRODUCT & SALES
- Monitor new agent performances and bookings
- Control quality of all inbound services. Represent EXO Cambodia at travel trade shows when requested
- Coordinate with regional sales offices in France, Spain, Germany, Australia, North America and South America
TOGETHER WITH PRODUCT MANAGER:
- Ensure all suppliers provide best quality services for EXO clients in Cambodia
- Negotiate with new and/or existing suppliers including, but not limited to, hotels, sub-agents, transport companies to ensure EXO receives the best possible rates and the highest service standards
- Develop and improve travel products in Cambodia
- Produce annual tariff for Cambodia for distribution to overseas travel partners
- Arrange FAM trips for overseas agents and accompanying agents on such trips when necessary
- Coordinate with Internet department to ensure all Cambodia travel products are well represented online
- Coordinate with marketing department to ensure EXO partners are updated regularly and accurately by newsletters, press releases and updates on tourism developments Cambodia
- You will report directly to the Managing Director of EXO Cambodia
- You will be required to produce written monthly reports to accompany the monthly sales reports (produced by Financial Controller and Tourplan Manager). You will be required to present the yearly report and an outline of the following years marketing plan at the Annual General Meeting to the company directors
- You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments in the regional travel business including, but not limited to, key destination information and developments such as new hotels, travel products, airline routes etc.
- You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments within the EXO organization including staff changes, new departments, new travel products and strategic focus.
- You should be aware of all direct competitors and ensure that EXO services are superior in all departments to those of our competitors.
- You should ensure that you are constantly building good relations with potential business partners whenever possible including keys suppliers as well as clients and potential clients.
- You will be expected to identify and attend events that will strengthen these relationships such as, but not be limited to, networking functions, sales calls, road shows, seminars, training programs and trade events.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate
- Minimum 10 yrs. of experience in Travel industry with minimum 3yrs of leading a large team.
- Fluency in English must (verbal & written), knowledge of French will be good. Other languages are an advantage.
- Experience in using some type of Travel software and Database
- Understanding of the market trends & comprehensive travel industry knowledge
- Understanding customer needs and inclination towards customer service.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and good public speaking skills.
- Leader with a positive and dynamic personality, able to adapt to different cultures.