Fraud Monitoring Solution, Digital - Head PMO and PM
This role holder will supervise and lead the delivery of the fraud monitoring solution for Retail Banking. To become a truly secure digital bank, investment in security monitoring solution is imperative for a robust digital channel (avoiding reputational risk) and superior customer experience. We aim to take a holistic approach across all markets as that would aid in synergising efforts, outcome and work out to be more productive. Ideally, our investment in real-time fraud monitoring will aid in reducing residual risk in our online and mobile channels.
In addition, the role will drive the Digital Capabilities Programme Management Office and will be leading the overall and strategic planning, reporting, budget/financial/benefits analysis, change management, risk and dependency management to deliver committed Digital Capabilities. The role holder will also need to ensure compliance of the various programmes to the Banks' project/programme management processes, governance and standards, and be the point person to liaise with internal/external reviewers during audit/reviews. The role entails liaising with Programme Managers, Technology Teams, Vendors, Assurance and Risk Functions, Finance and Investment teams, and Internal Audit.
The candidate should function successfully in a fast paced, demanding environment and successfully manage multiple work efforts to completion.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Programme Management - Fraud Monitoring Solution
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of all milestones, tasks and deliverables across all work-streams of the fraud monitoring project.
- Develop a consolidated programme plan, proactively identify and manage interdependencies, and monitor and track progress against plans.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of effective programme and project governance, including adherence to SCB policies and procedures, documentation governance and version control, proof of deliverables, clear documentation of RAIDs, etc.
- Day-to-day management of programme budget and resources, providing status updates and escalations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Establish and track of status reporting across the programme, recording, reporting, managing and mitigating associated risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Establishing and managing the programme communications plan.
- Manage and run Project Working Groups (PWGs) and Programme Steering Committees (PSCs).
- Ensure action items are tracked and followed through to completion.
- Continuously measure and monitor programme performance using appropriate tools and techniques, keeping stakeholders updated where required and ensuring timely escalation where the delivery of programme milestones may be at risk.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation in line with SCB project management standards and guidance.
- Responsible to ensure that process and governance standards and followed across the programme, projects and streams.
Head of Digital Capabilities PMO
- Lead the execution of the Digital Capabilities PMO governance, reporting, management and review strategy/framework to provide a holistic view of capability delivery.
- Responsible for engaging Programme/Project Managers, directors and work-stream leads to identify areas of improvement and to ensure that programs follow the Banks' processes, governance and standards for project/programme management, implementation and post implementation, and that these are well documented.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that they are prepared for internal/external audits and reviews, and ensure that issues identified in other audits/reviews are effectively managed across all Digital Programs.
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) during audits/reviews to ensure that timely information is provided, communication is effective and that audit process goes through smoothly.
- Supervise and work with PMO, responsible persons and stakeholders to ensure that all committed audit/review actions are completed on a timely basis.
- Partner closely with Accountable Executives on all aspects of programme delivery to identify and successfully manage relationships between all stakeholders, and ensure communication in line with internal communication strategy.
- Supervise work with PMO, stakeholders to ensure that program deliveries are effective planned and progress on targets and that any potential delays are effectively highlighted and managed for timely delivery.
- Supervise and work with PMO and stakeholders to ensure that program budgets and financials are effectively managed within and across programs.
- Supervise and work with stakeholders to define benefits and deliver benefits on time, in budget, whilst adhering to SCB quality standards.
- Manage risks, issues, interdependencies and coordination across programmes to ensure that information relating to programmes deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Supervise and work with PMO, stakeholders to ensure effective change management in country that will increase digital adoption.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors where necessary.
- Manage activities of the PMO, mentor and coach the PMO and program/project teams to effectively deliver against the Retail Digital Capabilities agenda.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years in managing, delivering and strategic projects, programs and initiatives.
- Proven project, program management experience - must have delivered programs in excess of USD 25 million.
- Bachelors/Masters Degrees with relevant certifications in Project Management, Risk Management, Technology Management etc.
- Proven experience in with liaising and engaging with Internal Audit, external reviewers and regulators.
- Excellent knowledge of SCB processes, governance and standard for project/programme management, risk management, pre/post implementation.
- Excellent financial and budgeting capability and experience.
- Excellent understanding of the Retail Bank's technology landscape, architecture, platforms and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience in dealing with senior executives and in running steering committees, governance committees etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft project or equivalent software.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.