Senior Creative Designer - UX&UI
As Senior Creative Designer for UX&UI (User Experience& Interface Design), you will lead our creative team in Malaysia and are accountable for the quality and esthetics of all experience design work created for our clients. You establish a team, working processes and design-thinking culture that enable us to rapidly turn ideas into beautiful, engaging and intuitively usable front-end designs for omni-channel digital solutions. You want to push the boundaries of how business, creative and technology teams come together to create transformative digital experiences. You build on your extensive design experience with structured design processes needed for complex systems, and are ready to experiment with new, highly agile and iterative design & prototyping processes and creative environments. You guide teams through human-centered design processes and how to observe, ideate, prototype, design & measure the impact of digital experiences. You design & lead workshops with client stakeholders, strategists and technology teams to conceive and define future digital experiences. You embody and represent our creative capabilities for clients and in the market. You interface with business and technical delivery teams to shape, estimate, and define the programs that turn ideas into fully designed and functional systems.
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following capabilities:
- Conceptualize, visualize and design user experiences, working in highly collaborative and agile, workshop driven teams
- Assess an existing site/property for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Prepare, conduct, and analyze behavioral in-context research events
- Conduct, prepare notes, and analyze stakeholder interviews to understand key success factors for a project or pursuit.
- Execute participatory requirements gathering sessions
- Analyze, synthesize, and organize research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioral models.
- Develop storyboards and journeys and bring these to life through illustrations
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, colour and other ingredients to develop creative concepts
- Create visual prototypes or screens and provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all media
- Translate complex business and consumer data into infographics and intuitive page & interaction designs
- Develop and communicate industry-leading creative concepts
This role also involves the following:
- Provide thought leadership around digital usability and experience design
- Knowledge of state of the art and emerging digital trends, and how new technologies impact these trends
- Own experience design related content and estimation in IBM responses to Requests for Information (RFI), responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), IBM contracts, and IBM Statements of Work.
- Performs quality review of project deliverables. Leads work sessions and deliverable presentations with client team members.
- People Management: Mentors junior consultants, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams as appropriate.
- Ability to accommodate extensive travel at times (50% - 60% or more)
- Team player, client-facing, results-oriented, strong communicator, can-do attitude and comfortable working in a highly flexible, agile and collaborative environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Design/Communications/Advertising/Journalism/Media Studies
- Strong portfolio including user research, personas, sketches, wireframes, digital designs for native apps and web
- At least 8 years’ experience designing digital experiences
- At least 5 years experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 5 years experience in Omnigraffle, Sketch, InVision or similar
- At least 5 years experience in Powerpoint or Keynote
- At least 5 years experience in professional business communications, including oral presentations, written documents, executive presentations
- Readiness to travel Up to 3 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Fluent