PR & Communication Specialist
Reporting to Marketing Head and dotted line reporting to General Manager, this position assists in the process of developing Vietnam’s Marketing Plan, both for the launch of the brand in the market and the subsequent profitable growth of sales, customer transactions and market share for the organisation. This includes the process of developing Vietnam’s Communications Plan to build, enhance and protect corporate reputation and brand trust with all key stakeholders including the Government, NGOs, Media, internal and external customers. Key working relationships include: McDonald’s Vietnam Leadership team, ABU Marketing Team, ABU Corporate Relations Team, External communication and promotion agencies/vendors.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all internal and external communications within and on behalf of McDonald’s Vietnam, including Media Relations, External/Government Relations, Social Responsibility (Brand Ambition), Internal Communication (including publications/intranet), Issues & Crisis Management and Consumer Public Relations.
- Develop and executes specific, high-visibility Brand Building plans that leverage communications messages and vehicles to deliver on McDonald’s Brand Ambition (Good Food, Good People, Good Neighbour).
- Develop strategic communication and outreach plans for leadership team.
- Serve as thought partner to senior management and providing strategic counsel and support to key departments.
- Identify and address emerging issues relevant to the business.
- Co-ordinate political monitoring and intelligence, and writing & distribution of appropriate briefings on issues and policy to internal stakeholders, including senior management and department heads.
- Represent McDonald’s Vietnam at meetings, events, and conferences involving third party organisations.
- Co-ordinate press office function and reactive media management including message development, statements and Questions & Answer resources.
- Evaluate and measure effectiveness of communications vehicles and messages on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and develops individuals in support of this function.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of public relations corporate communications experience.
- Strong passion for media relations - a true media relations enthusiast who enjoys pitching and working closely with Food and Beverage, business, broadcast and social media agencies.
- Proven relationship with relevant trade and business media.
- Solid social, relationship-building, influence, and communications skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with the demonstrated ability to draft high-quality news releases, blogs, pitches, FAQs, message tracks and related documents.
- Adept at using social media channels and tools to support communications objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and balance priorities.