Manager, Human Resources
American Express (Malaysia) | More jobs from American Express (Malaysia)
Manager, Human Resources
- Support the Director Market HR - Malaysia in developing and delivering against the annual Market Employee Plan and participate in developing HR goals.
- Develop & implement people initiatives with Centre of Excellence in the area of Talent Management, Training and Development, Retention Programs and Compensation & Benefits
- Supervise the Outsource Partnerships such us Payroll Operation, Insurance broker and Insurance Company.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual Market Employee Plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Maintain close contact with the broader HR team to ensure alignment with the Centres of Expertise and Line of Business regional HR.
- Build relationships with business leaders and employees, providing credible HR solutions.
- Maintain records, reports, and logs in compliance with labour regulations, HR policies and processes.
- Develop, recommend, and implement HR policies and procedures to effect continual improvements.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for employees
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of HR policies and processes.
- Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery, with the support of the Country executive management office.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or in human resources management
- Min 7 years of human resources experience in the areas of talent management, development plans and the administration of benefits and compensation programs.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Computer Savvy. Experience with advanced excel and PeopleSoft.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization to ‘proactively’ engage people leaders.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Possess knowledge of principles and procedures for Talent Management, Training & Development, Compensation and Benefits, and Payroll.
- Knowledge on managing HR information systems (e.g. Peoplesoft and Taleo) and Microsoft excel
- Possess personal leadership skills and is customer oriented.
- Possess to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Manage Vendors to achieve best in class outsource partnership