Business Risk Controller (Wealth Management)
Management of Suitability Requirement
- Perform post-trade controls on Investment Suitability requirements as per bank's and regulators (HKMA/SFC/MAS) rules and regulations, and act as an education utility to remind FO of their requirements when executing investment transactions with clients.
- The team acts as a control-execution function within the bank's 1st level control risk framework, aimed at improving risk effectiveness and culture.
- Performing phone tape listening of mismatch trades on the Daily Risk Mismatch reports
- Documenting the result of reviews of mismatch trades flagged up in the risk mismatch report
- Based on findings, assist RM to carry out necessary actions for proper rectification with clients
- Escalating identified exceptions to Management and Compliance
- Reviews need to be performed and results reported in a timely manner
- As business partner to RMs, helps to rectify issues, ensures RMs understand certain regulations that’s been imposed, to aid RMs in improving risk behavior
Reporting / Suitability Oversight Committee / Asia Risk Committee
- Prepare periodic reports for the team
- Ensure the report is accurate, data integrity is maintained and reports issued on timely manner
- Support the team to organize the suitability oversight committee
- Document the suitability oversight committee discussion
- Track the action items and follow up with other stakeholders
- Escalate issues to Department Head in a timely manner for resolution
- Participate in team meetings to discuss operational matters, progress status and issues noted
- Take on ad hoc project assigned by the department head
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years)
Experience Level: At least 5 years
- Good written and presentation skills
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Good team player
- Self-motivated and multi-tasking
Specific Qualifications Required
- University Degree Holder with minimum 3-5 years of relevant private banking working experience.
- Experience in a business management and/or business risk monitoring and/or project management with the understanding of private banking Front Office operational framework
- Good understanding of regulatory environment and suitability framework
- Strong analytical mind and problem solving skill
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.